4 years ago
Friday, February 19, 2010
Been awhile
Gosh it's been awhile. A lot and nothing has been going on. We celebrated Jakson's 9th birthday the begining of January. He had a great time. He had his party at Jumpin Jacks...I guess the bounce house places are all the rage..:) So nice for the parents that's forsure. 3 hours of running and bouncing. Perfect for little boys. We also celebrated my little sisters 18th birthday. Wow, I can't believe she is 18. She is such a smart and amazing young girl. I am so proud to have her as my sister. I can remember how excited I was when my parents told us they were expecting her. I am so lucky to have such wonderful siblings. My brother and his family were also in town all of January. He has spent the last 2 years of his military time in Hawaii, I know how miserable, we were only able to see them like twice during that two years. No, we were never able to get out and stay with them...Such a disappointment. We were hoping their stay here would have been permanent, but it turned out it wasn't. They headed off to San Fransico last week. As sad as I am they couldn't stay I am also happy he was able to find a job with jobs being so hard to find. He has worked so hard in school, and in his military career to not be able to find anything. Good luck to them in San Fran, at least it will be easier for us to visit. Lastly, Jared and I signed up for the Wasatch Ragnar Relay in June. Very nervous but excited! My part of it totals about 16 miles, and no steep uphills. Jareds was around 18, with one leg going straight up. Good luck to him. So glad that I finally have some motivation to get out and run. It's been a few months of being lazy. Can definitely tell I've slacked. I've got lots of pictures to post...I'm just at work (slow Friday afternoon) and they are all at home. I'll have to get those posted soon...hopefully before a month goes by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow!! How fun that sounds crazy long, but cool.
Wow Dusty- that run sounds tough. What an accomplishment that will be for the both of you though.
We are sad to be away from family too, but in all seriousness, it's all we really know. Just look at it as a home away from home, in the bay area.
We had a blast while we were in town and can't wait for you to come visit, since there is no major body of water between us!!!
Post a Comment