4 years ago
Sunday, June 20, 2010
2010 Wasatch Ragnar Relay
Jared and I did the Wasatch Ragnar Relay this year. It was such a blast. For those of you who might not now about it. It's a 36 hour. 188 mile relay, 12 people team. Lots of running, lots of water and gatorade and lots of cheering your team on. I ran a total of 17 miles. Not to bad, or so I thought. My middle run was the one I was worried the most about, 7 miles downhill at 1:30 am. That turned out to be my favorite run! I loved not being able to see what was ahead... Just me, my Ipod, the dark and hundreds of other runners. It was great. I found an easy pace and just went with it. My last leg totally kicked my butt. I DON'T run any sort of incline at all. Ever. And wow, could I tell. 6.1 miles up hill. Now, if you saw some of what the others had to go up I shouldn't complain at all. But it totally kicked my butt. 6.1, 80+ degrees at noon, without sleep, and not a lot of food= not a good run. But I finished and only 10 min off of my regular 10k time. So I'm not too disappointed with my time, just my endurance, I was not prepared. Jared did great on all of his runs, making his time on each. He had some pretty hard courses. We are already looking forward to next year.
My favorite sticker of the whole run!

Finishing my first leg of the race, this guy was great. It was so hot and I was not that hydrated for how hot it was. He came up and held his out and said C'mon girl, we can finish this we're almost done! Haha...it was I needed to hear.


Jared finishing his final leg.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So awesome!!!
Wow! I've heard that the Ragnar is fun. I, however, can't run more than a mile and a half before giving up so I am very impressed!
Hooray for finishing. I'm so proud of you both. It was so fun to see you for a minute before you took off. Congratulations. :)
Way to go! I agree with Sylvia, it was so good to catch up and talk for a while!
Great Job you guys! That is really cool that you both did it too!
Congratulations Dusty!!!
Post a Comment