Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Ours was wonderful. The kids were so excited. It was so great to have a long weekend.


Jakson had been wanting a chess set...his uncle Joel came through, probably because Joel is the only who knows how to play.


Nothing like cousins.




JJ loved when the Jazz wore the green jerseys a few games back, so we were thrilled to be able to get them. However, Jakson says..."Who's Stockton? Well was he any good?" Hahaha...my brother will just die when he hears this, he loves Stockton.






The best of our family pictures that night.


Me and Lex, she's growing up. :(

Yes, to those who are wondering, or know my job history...:) I am still working. I love it. Everyone has been really nice and I have picked up on everything really well. I'm not really sure why I didn't think I could, I was just worried that my not working in almost 12 years would have really shown. I was really excited when they first, even called me for an interview, then when they called me back for a second interview with the owners. There were over 100 applicants for this 1 receptionist job, when they asked me in the interview why they should choose me over 100 people, I was pretty stumped...I thought surely there were people way more qualified. And there were. But, for some reason they thought I would be great. It's been quite an adjustment for sure. Full time, Mon-Fri 8-5... But I think the kids and Jared have handled the transition really well. Jared's dad has been great, the kids go over before school and he makes them breakfast, then they run through his backyard over to school. My wonderful friend/neighbor has been awesome to take the kids home after school and wait for them to get into the house. Jared is usually home just a little after them so they aren't home for long. Since it's another short work week this week, and Jared is doing some nights and sleeping during the day, we've left the kids home and they are doing great. Lex gets a little anxious but I think this is good for her. She, well they both really, need some responsibility and need to start being accountable for things. I leave them with a very simple chore list...if it doesn't get done, they have learned they won't get paid. They are both great at tattling on each other. ;) Oh, and the best part about this company (Tuff Country, they make lift kits for trucks and jeeps)...it's mostly online sales and its at their distribution warehouse (around the corner from my moms office :) I can wear what ever I feel like...jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, hats, tennis shoes...what ever! Love it!!

3 comments:

AllisonK said...

looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!
I giggled this morning at Lexi's comment on facebook about your job. Jared calling her a dork was priceless! So glad you are enjoying your job so much.

Wendi said...

So much fun. You sound busy but so happy!

We're all about the jeep lift kits over here! ;)

Glad you guys had a good Christmas.

P.S. Joey has decided he loves chess too!

Desiree said...

Merry Christmas!! I am glad you like your new job. I have wondered what it will be like to get a job or go back to school for a masters when the kids are older. So I will be watching how you like the transition!