4 years ago
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
H1N1 vaccine?
With the regular flu shot being so controversial, I knew the H1N1 would be as well. I'm pretty undecided if I should have the kids vaccinated for it though? We do get the regular flu shot every year. Last year we didn't and it was the sickest we had been in a long time. I'm a believer in it now. So we got our flu shots last week. I think there is a lot of media hype about the H1N1 flu, and frankly I am tired of hearing about it. But...I keep thinking we should be vaccinated for it? I am completely torn on what to do here...It's so new, but the flu shot changes year to year depending on the strain, and I hate having the kids receive it before me, I feel like I am throwing them into the lions den without me. I am wondering what everyones thoughts are on it, and if any of you plan on getting it or not??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am in the same boat as you trying to decide. I have one friend that says "no way" it is too new and she is not going to be a test patient. But I also think that it could be really ugly this winter without it. I am interested to read your other comments.
We are not. Every year we get a regular flu shot we are MORE sick. I don't know what the answer is.
I am against the flu shot and will not get the H1N1 shot either. Wash your hands and cover your mouth and it should be ok!
Well, unfortunately, that is easier said than done with school age children. I'm just not sure that their bottle of hand sanitizer will be enough this year...
Absolutly get the regular flu shot with school age kids. Absolutly wait on the h1n1 until it's been out for atleast a month we see what the effects really are on our kiddos. That is my own opinion and also that of my pediatrician. And you know Brandon ... We wouldn't even get the flu shot if they weren't in school.
Post a Comment