Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why can some parents be so ghetto?

Last night at Jakson's game the umpire was real crap. His calls were not consistent, for either team, and his strike zone was a shoebox...and he took back a call he originally made! Really? I can't stand an umpire that makes a call, then when coaches and parents FREAK out he takes it back? Man up and stick to your call....Whatever...our boys still beat the team and played a great game. However, the parents of the other team were so loud and so obnoxious with our parents and coaches I was just surprised. I've gotten to be a little competitive over the years watching my kids play, but not to a point where I would freak out on someone, unless they are talking about my child then all bets are off. But, these boys are 6-8 yrs old and are just standing there watching their parents (moms included) yell at each other. They just want to play ball. I love the drama, and I think it is so comical I do, but it is just so tacky. Then for one dad to say, 'I never thought I'd have use my concealed permit at a little league game'. Really? You are really going to pull your gun in front of ALL these kids, permit or not, and what, shoot it? No, I don't think so. You made yourself look like a huge ass by saying that. Now, the man that said it was from the other team, whom I've known for years, he really is a decent person, and I'm fairly sure he'd never take it out. So really, what was the point in that? But, it was mostly this other dad from the other team that was ballistic....Lexi and I just sat there thinking really? Maybe I'm a wuss, but I just can't comprehend this attitude. And this behavior is not just limited to baseball, football, etc...I've seen it at dance competitions....or more so after the competition when two girls from a same studio have danced against each other and one did better. Those moms are just brutal. I think I'd take being called a wuss any day than be lumped in with the other option....it sure did make for a fun night....

5 comments:

Nic said...

How funny. I haven't had to deal with it first hand yet, but I know my blood will boil if I feel somehting isn't fair. But then again, I am like you, and will sit back and watch and fume inside but not say anything.

Lili said...

Are you serious? A gun....at a little league game?!?! What has this world come to! I think that this is why I'm going to steer Olivia to do music and running....just don't tell John!! ;)

HallWalking said...

Im guessing you never heard the story of my mom and dad getting in a fight at one of our games..We look over my mom has some girls head ripped back by her ponytail and is yelling and my dad, well you get the pic from my sweet mother pulling a strangers hair. I will probably be like that though...You know me cant keep my mouth shut...I will leave my gun at home though(duh, DUH!)

dusty kay said...

Omg Aliesha! I have NEVER heard this story! I can't wait to see your mom!!! I am laughing so hard right now!

Desiree said...

We are switching to a more competetive soccer league this year so you just scared me!