Monday, January 26, 2009

It's almost the end of January and I have accomplished more with out a resolution list then I did last year with a list!!

I have printed out some chore charts to get us started. I do need help from my fellow bloggers though. I need ideas that are age appropriate for chores. I've got a few ideas, but I feel that they can be doing more. But, I also stay home all day too, and I don't want to over load them with things after school either. Wendi, I'm not sure if you are reading, but last year you had made a couple of the magnet boards that you used for chores and family night, that were so cute, I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me steal that idea and giving me the measurements for everything you used?

My sister made me a really cute magnet board LAST Christmas that I had yet to hang. I wanted it in my kitchen but I was unsure of putting it there since its black and everything else is brown. But, my SIL this year made me a really cute sign that is also black and I had a wall perfect for it. So I decided to get over my hang ups with black and brown, and hang the magnet board to tie it in with the sign. I also, had been looking for something to hang above my kitchen window. Wasn't sure what, until I saw black wood letters at Kohls. I thought it would look really cute to spell out our last name. But, my not so crafty side said that I could probably make these cheaper then buy them. So I went over to Micheals and sure enough it was way cheaper. And I figured I really couldn't mess it up by painting these wood letters a solid black. They turned out perfect! I'm so excited!



And after 2 1/2 years of saying I need to paint my baseboards in the kitchen and bathrooms I finally got that done. I also.....painted the kids bedrooms as well. I think that they turned out really well. I've never really painted before. We did have to paint our house for some of the sweat equity, but we used a sprayer for the walls and ceilings, and all that was left to do were doors and baseboards and that's not to hard, plus I had lots of help there. I had to do the ceilings white, and ceilings totally suck, but the walls weren't to bad at all. I may eventually get to my room next, if Jared and I can agree to a color.



I just need to hang some of their posters and things back up now.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year! I'm so excited for my brother and his family to come home for a visit this week. Its been a long year without seeing them. So Nic, have a good flight and I'll see you all soon!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Good job!

Nic said...

woohoo, house looks great. I completely forgot about that cute board that Nikki gave us. I want it really badly now. I still remember mine is the one with out the brad missing, so I better not get to your house and see mine hanging there!!! Well, actually I guess, I could loan you mine until we move back since it is so large and rather heavy!!!

slingwall said...

Your painting looks so good I always feel like I accomplish something when I change a color in a room. Your house looks cute.