Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out and Vote!

I did, and then ran right over to get my free coffee from Starbucks!

My sisters husband is not voting this year. He thinks that neither candidates are right for president. That's his choice. And I respect that choice. I can't help but be a little disappointed that he is not voting. We definitely don't share the same political views, he is as conservative as I am liberal. But, how can he not get out and vote? I mean, this country has spent billions of dollars, and thousands of lives in a war that I don't agree with....But our soldiers are out there fighting for this very right, our freedom to vote. Regardless if I share the same views as you or not, and from reading a lot of peoples blogs these last few days, I am seeing I definitely don't, it still stresses me out to think someone isn't voting today! GET OUT AND VOTE!!

6 comments:

Nancy C. #12 said...

not only starbucks but you can take your "I voted" sticker to Ben and Jerry's for a free Ice Cream Cone.

Unknown said...

Amen to that! I just did. :)

Nic said...

Well, we voted a couple weeks ago (by absentee). I am incrediblly disappointed that someone would not vote... especially since we have a member in the service right here in our family!!! Oh well I guess, not the first time we have disagreed on something right?

dusty kay said...

Exactly, especially when that someone is your wife's brother for crying out loud! In my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong Nic, but this damn war, that is a BIG part of the campaign, is what made that someone have to re-sign for 2 more damn years!

Nic said...

Very true. Positive side, only 13 months till we come home!!!!

Montserrat said...

And don't forget about the women who made it possible for us to vote too!

Women Vote - "Night of Terror" (Women`s Suffrage)