Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cameras and Warranties

One of my very favorite things about Jared is his unselfishness. He will always go without if it means that the kids or I get something first. He would give his last favorite anything to one of us and not think twice about it. I don't have this trait, nope, I will hide the last of whatever treat we have if there is not enough to share and eat it in complete secrecy. I know, its not an attractive quality at all, but I've never in my life had to share, my parents started it and now Jared enables it. He probably figures its just not worth watching me pout. Anyway, back to Jared. He will never ever buy anything for himself, ever. If he sees something he really, really wants I usually have to go back the next day and get it for him. He just refuses to spend any money on himself. Sometimes I find it a little annoying mostly because it makes me notice my own selfishness. Not that I put myself before my kids (only in the treat department), but I have no problem buying myself a shirt or a pair of shoes or a purse now and then. And I don't have horridly expensive style, but still I should show some restraint and think, do I really need it or am I just shopping to shop. Which more times than not I'm just shopping because. Anyway, because he does not buy himself anything he is so much fun to shop for at Christmas and his birthday. I pay attention year around for things he says he wants, which he has usually forgotten about then is completely surprised. I love gift giving, and he is always the funnest to give too. So, the point of the post is that at Christmas I had gotten him a really nice Canon Rebel XT camera. He was so excited about it. He's been messing around on photo shop and reading up on how to use this camera. Wanting to go out with his dad and take pictures, its a new hobby I think he'd like to pick up. Well, I broke it. Yup, I had taken the sd card or whatever it is called, out and while I was trying to put it back in I bent one of those little prongs inside. I felt sooooo bad, and he wasn't to happy with me and so disappointed. I didn't buy the extended warranty that was offered, next time I will, but it still had the one year manufactures warranty. So I sent it off, thinking that I will still have to probably pay for them to fix it, I mean really a bent prong is obviously the users fault right? But I was really willing to pay just about anything to fix it, so he would have his camera back. Well, I received an email saying that they will be fixing it and I owe nothing since its covered under the warranty! WooHoo!! He just got his camera back and all is good. I, however, will not use that camera again and all of my lovely photo skills will be used with my dinky little HP camera I got for $89 on the day after Thanksgiving sale.

No comments: