Gosh, its been awhile since I've really blogged. I have never really been good at keeping a journal, I don't think I'm that exciting, and nothing really major ever happens to me, so I figure if I don't want to read about the boring things I do, no one else would right? But I'm feeling kind of chatty, Jared is at the dentist, and the kids are off playing, so I will catch all of you up on my boring days.....
I finally finished the Friday Night Knitting Club. I loved it! I always seem to choose depressing books or movies. I don't know why. But the more depressing it is the better for me. I love a good cry at the end of a book. That was this book for me. I'm reading a Kay Hooper thriller right now. She's good, its a real quick and easy read, I always look forward to her yearly books. But after this one I am going to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni, I've heard its really good. I have The Kite Runner, I just haven't read it yet. That is supposed to be very good as well. I have a hard time reading something that EVERYONE loves, its so much pressure for me, what if I don't like it, then I have to explain why, and you always get the "really, it was sooo good". To much pressure, so no, I haven't read the Twilight serious, or Harry Potter, or The DaVinci code. I know, I know I'm missing out on great books. I'll get to them, one day.
We also found out earlier this month that Jakson has Alopecia Areata. It was crazy, it was just all of a sudden. I noticed he had these two little bald spots. My first thought was that it was Alopecia, so I called the pediatrician and could get in the next day. I decided to look it up online, and learned it was an auto immune disease and someone who gets it either has someone in the family with it, or a family member with other auto immune diseases, such as diabetes, lupus, thyroid etc. People who get it also usually have asthma, nasal allergies, and atopic eczema, well, unlucky for Jakson he has allergies, and eczema and we have family members with diabetes, lupus and thyroid problems. What really made me nervous was the lupus however. There is Alopecia Areata, and lupus related Alopecia. I had an uncle we were very close to growing up pass away 2 yrs ago from his lupus related problems, and my grandma (his mom) just lost her sister to lupus related problems. That weighed really heavily on my mind until his doctor appt. Our pediatrician said that to him it looks just like Alopecia Areata not lupus Alopecia, from the way that the skin looks around the lost hair, and that he didn't really fit the age and that he was male for it being lupus. But because I had an uncle who'd had it, if I wanted he would do blood work but he really didn't feel like that was the next step to take. So I thought I would wait on the blood work for a day or two and see how I felt about it. I'd really worked myself up from all the reading I had done, and wanted to chill out a little and see what my feelings were. We also know a family who had lost their son when he was 7 (this was about 3 yrs ago) to cancer, I'm not sure exactly what kind of cancer, but 2 months before he was diagnosed with cancer he had been diagnosed with alopecia. I know the two are not related, nothing I could find online indicated they were, and I really couldn't ask the doctor about that with both of my kids sitting right there, but it just left me feeling so nervous. But my initial feelings when I'd noticed it, were that its just alopecia nothing really more than that, and after a few days I felt the same way again. Its been about 3 weeks since I'd first noticed it, and its not getting worse, knock on wood, so hopefully it doesn't. The doctor said that it might not get worse and that the hair usually always grows back within a year. And that sometimes they never will have another out break of it. So I hope for him it doesn't .
So after a kind of stressful couple of weeks for me, I met one of my very good friends for lunch. It was fun being with her, she makes me laugh. She lives up the street and our boys play together all the time, but we don't get together often in the winter, but once the spring and summer come, we spend every other day at each others house, and Saturday BBQ's. I am so ready for the warm weather......
4 years ago
4 comments:
I didn't know all this. I'm can only imagine how you have worried. I'm off to do some research.
I'm with you about the books. I have read the Twilight (a couple of years ago and enjoyed it)
I want warm weather too.
ps. your life isn't boring. I love reading about what is happening.
much love.
Geez louise. I am so sorry about everything. Hope everything works itself out soon.
Thanks guys, it should work its self out. The good thing about this is at least its a non life threatening disease. It sucks he has little bald spots, but it could be sooo much worse!
Post a Comment