Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Las Vagas Ragnar

I'm noticing I am pretty far behind on my updates. I had wanted to do one on the Vegas Ragnar, so better late then never right??

Jared and I ran this one on different teams. And met up once during our longest exchange about half way through and then at the end. Jared of course kicked butt on all of his runs. I struggled a bit on my first leg and could tell I had yet again not trained at all for any hill runs. Story of my running life. I only knew one person on the team. I ran with her on our Wasatch team and she is an amazing runner. I wasn't too worried about not knowing anyone else, I don't usually ever have a problem going into something like that. I think I'm easy enough to get along with and I generally like everybody. We had 3 brothers on our team and they were HILARIOUS. They kept us laughing the whole time. Even while getting lost (two hours in the wrong direction) heading to the next exchange point where we could have had 6 hours of sleep and only ended up with 3 by the time we found it. And even still while they were wishing for a gps system about an hour and half later I realized...DUH! I have one on my Iphone. They were great. One of them had said this is More fun than one should have in a lifetime smashed into 48 hours. So true. I definitely found the Vegas course to be a lot harder and hillier then the Wasatch course. But so fun, and we will be out there again next year!


Here is our team at the start, well minus one. We decided to
sight see along the route.




Here we are at the end. 33 hours and 195 miles later.




Rather than keeping track of our kills, like most runners,
we decided to keep track of our 'deaths'!



Jared and I at the finish!



Jared's team coming through the finish. Their team was revenge
of the mullets! Their team had a blast, how can you not while running
in mullets, and dressed like rockers! In case any of you were looking,
Jared found that Beavis and Butthead shirt at Walmart. Weird.


And this ladies....Is why I run! :)

Look at him?!?
I'm pretty sure that's his girlfriend, but hey
what ever helps keep
you running up that 8.8 mile, steady incline, into the wind,
after being up for 20+ hours leg; is cool.
Or so Jared tells me. ;)

1 comment:

Nic said...

AHH, makes working out pleasurable right? Love the picks and love that you are into this so much. See ya in Napa, as a volunteer ofcourse!!!