4 years ago
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Tuesday Tell All: Working Girl
My First Job was when I was 14. I went everyday after school, and on the weekends and babysat for a couple in our ward. They had 3 children. Thomas, Ryan and Ali. I loved that babysitting job! The kids were so great and I remember Rick and Kathy (the parents) were the coolest people ever. Kathy was our Young Womens leader and Rick was in the Young Mens. They would have the funnest parties for the young adults. Rick was always the DJ for all the church dances. He had every record and cd you could think of, and he always pulled them out for us. They were young and so cool, I remember wanting to grow up to be just like them. Funny, I haven't thought about that in forever.... Anyway, babysitting for them was great, I did that until the summer I turned 16, then my friend and I got a job at Mickey D's. I worked their as a manager until I was 19. I then went to work at R.C. Willey. I started there as a cashier then moved up into the corporate office in the accounts payable dept. I worked their until I was 21, then I had Lexi. I really haven't worked since. Right now, I am back working at McDonalds doing office work for my best friend who stayed and has become a store manager for a store out by my house. Its maybe 5 hrs a week, but it gives me a little something to do each day. I can't decide which job I loved the most though. McDonalds was great, I had made some great friends/memories there, and just had a blast with that job through high school. But I loved, loved my job at RC Willey. The women in my accts payable dept. were awesome! Its been 10 yrs since I've worked there but we are still in contact. I would love to go back there one day, when my kids are bit older. So, there is my work history, not a very impressive resume I might add, but each job taught me a little something about life along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really enjoyed learning more about your from your work experience.
I would hate to think about creating a resume right now. It's really nice that you have kept in touch with these friends.
Post a Comment